Green Resources Minnesota
The Do It Green! Resource Center has a green retail area offering “tools” that will help you to make changes in your lifestyle to reduce your impact on the environment.
- Slideshow of retail items with the short text lines below describing how these items will help you reduce your environmental impact.
- Silverware set – The average Minnesotan produces 6lbs. of waste each day, that equals 2, 000lbs. per year! Reuse your utensils.
- Tote bag – The average American uses 750 plastic bags each year, by using a sturdy long-lasting reusable bag you can eliminate this waste.
- Kitchen counter compost bucket – 15% of our garbage is actually compostable! Compost your kitchen food scraps to create nutrient-rich gardening soil.
To shop our green retail, stop by our resource center during staffed hours or purchase our green retail items online . Tips for a Low Waste Lunch
- Get rid of disposables! Use glass storage containers, fabric sandwich bags, a metal or glass water bottle, cloth napkins, and real utensils.
- Keep a plate, bowl, cup, and silverware in your desk. They’ll come in handy for potlucks and work celebrations.
- Avoid individually packaged single serve products. By bulk amounts of your favorite lunch foods and pack them in reusable containers each day.
Our resource center offers hundreds of books, videos and educational kits for check out. To begin checking out materials, you will need to become a Do It Green! Minnesota member . This is considered a deposit in case check out materials are damaged, lost or not returned. After becoming a member, you will receive a membership card and can present your card at the resource center during staffed hours to check out materials for up to three weeks.
The Do It Green! Resource Center is located inside the Midtown Global Market along the south side of the building (facingLake St.) behind The Produce Exchange grocery. We are open to the public during market hours and are staffed by volunteereducators during the lunch and dinner times.
HOURS : The Do It Green! Resource Center staffed daily 11am-1pm & 5pm-7pm
LOCATION : Midtown Global Market 920 E. Lake St., Minneapolis, MN 55407
MAP & DIRECTIONS : Click here for a map and directions by bus, bike, or car
LANGUAGES : Languages available:
- English – 7 Days a week 11am-1pm & 5pm-7pm
- Spanish – Mondays 11am-1pm, Tuesdays 5pm-7pm, Thursdays 11am-1pm, Fridays 11am-1pm
- Arabic – Tuesdays 11am-1pm, Saturdays 11am-1pm, Sundays 11am-1pm
- Somali – Saturdays 5pm-7pm
- Hmong – Sundays 1pm-4pm
STAFF: Learn more about our volunteer educators .
You might also like
Green building leadership awards for Keppel, CDL — eco-business.com
Ng added that “it is imperative that we continue to forge powerful global relationships to advance green building agendas, formulate relevant initiatives to help companies make full use of the various green building resources as well as continue to ..
Differentiate to Combat Disintermediation — Modern Distribution Management
Customers have their choice of suppliers, so offering the right type of service is essential for serving customer needs, according to Rod MacKenzie, owner of Green Building Resources, Atlanta, GA.
PlanAhead 4.5 x 5.75 inch (Small) Daily Planner/Organizer (Brown & Green)
Office Product (PlanAhead)
6mm Round Green Jade Beads Strand 15 Inch Jewelry Making Beads
Art and Craft Supply (Sweet & Happy Girl's)
Escali 157LG Arti Glass Digital Kitchen Scale 15Lb/7Kg, Key Lime Green
What are Minnesota Natural Resources?
Minnesotas Natural Resources oversees many thing. They oversee fishing, hunting, trails, and State Parks. Many of the outdoors recreations that would be owned by the state are regulated