Green Street Energy Audits
What is a GreenStreet Home Energy Audit?During a GreenStreet Home Energy Audit, our team will evaluate how your home or business consumes energy, pinpoint problem areas, and recommend actions that can be taken to decrease energy usage, increase comfort, and save you money. Using advanced tools and technology, we are able to make precise recommendations that will save you significant amounts of money. As part of the audit, GreenStreet will evaluate the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems. We will also analyze the various components of your home or business (attic, walls, basement, crawlspace, appliances, lighting, etc.) and assess their efficiency individually, as well as how well they work with other components to create a safe, comfortable, and efficient environment.
How do I know if I need a home energy audit?If any of these sound familiar, your home would benefit from an energy audit:
- Your utility bills are nearly as high as your mortgage payment.
- Your home feels drafty in certain areas and the windows are shut.
- If your furnace were a child, it would be in high school or college.
- The frost on your windows accentuates your Christmas decorations.
- You can read the sports section while waiting for the shower to warm up.
- Your home is confused. Too cool in the winter and too hot in the summer.
- Sure you clean, but it still feels excessively dusty, stuffy or has a mold-like odor.
- Spiders and snakes have made a home in your crawl space.
- The temperatures differ so drastically throughout your house that you have to dress in layers.
- Your heating and cooling systems would take the gold medal in the Olympic cross-country because they never stop running.
- Your family goes outside to get allergy relief.
- You can get a suntan while sitting in front of the window.
How long will the actual audit take?
Our Energy Audit generally takes between two and four hours to complete. This will vary based on the size of the home or business, the number of heating and cooling systems, and the layout of the building.
What do I need to do to prepare for the audit?
GreenStreet auditors will need copies of your energy bills for the past 12 months, which you can request from your local gas and electric company. The information in your energy bills will allow our technicians to validate the software model of your building and analyze data trends to help you better understand and manage your energy usage.
Yes — the energy audit is an interactive process. The auditors will need to access various areas of your home, and they will ask you to answer some energy-related questions. We look forward to sharing our tools, tips, and analyses with you along the way.
Can I do an energy audit myself?There are a number of ways that a homeowner can perform an energy audit. You can find many tools online to help you complete a walk-through audit, which will provide you with some meaningful information. However, our employees are certified and highly trained to analyze your home’s existing energy usage, identify problem areas, and recommend a variety of different methods to optimize energy efficiency. Our auditors use advanced diagnostic equipment to precisely measure and quantify the performance of you home or business. By helping you to save significant utility costs, a professional home energy audit will prove to be a valuable investment.
The short answer to the question is yes, you can perform an energy audit yourself, but the resulting benefits of the audit will probably be less than those you would obtain from a professional audit.
What can I expect after the audit?You will receive a hardbound detailed report that will:
- Identify and prioritize problems that need to be addressed
- Recommend specific actions that you should take
- Estimate the cost associated with each corrective action
- Calculate the energy and dollar savings you can expect with each corrective action
- Calculate the payback you can expect as a result of home energy improvements
Your auditor will also schedule a return visit to review the findings of the audit, explain the recommendations, and review the expected long-term results of any improvements made.
When and how will I receive my final report?
Analysis of data and preparation of your report takes about one week. You will receive your personalized GreenStreet Audit report within 10 business days after the audit. Your auditor will make an appointment to come back to your home to review all findings, recommendations, and next steps.
You might also like
HomeFest tour is in Union's Triple Crown neighborhood — Cincinnati.com
HomeFest is a chance to see what is new in home technologies including “green” renewable energy sources in some of the houses, he said. The show will also give people a chance to see an example of Fischer Home's top line Grand Estates, he said.
Could the Great Renewable Energy Wall Between the U.S. and China Be .. — NASDAQ
When it comes to renewable energy, everyone's trying to go green to make green.
Green Your Electricity: Conduct a Home Energy Audit.
There are two ways to do that: You can do it yourself with the help of a software-based audit tool, something that we wrote about in detail here. You can also get help from a professional auditor. The benefits of going with professionals are manifold, but the most obvious one is that they have equipment not available to most people, such as infrared cameras and special fans to pressurize your house and determine how leaky it is.
My bf can turn the red lights green?
You're dating a martian. The main thing is, can he turn you on? I don't know how he does what he's doing. He should go on TV and make some money for it. Does it scare you? I hope not.